Battle of the Books is coached by Mrs. Ellis and Mrs. Hualde. The club is open to all students in third, fourth, and fifth grade reading at or above grade level. The club will be competing against other schools in May.
Battle of the Books involves reading 10 books and knowing them well!
Battle of the Books
1. Sierra by Diane Siebert
2. The Dragonling by Jackie French Koller
3. The War with Grandpa by Robert Kimmel Smith
4. My Side of the Mountain by Jean Craighead George
5. Helen Keller by Margaret Davidson
6. Time for Andrew by Mary Downing Hahn
7. The School Mouse by Dick King-Smith
8. Henry and Ribsy by Beverly Cleary
9. A Jar of Dreams by Yoshiko Uchida
10. Tracker by Gary Paulsen