On Campus Suspension
- Teachers may assign period suspensions not to exceed two-hour assignments. Administration may assign full day(s).
- On-Campus Suspension Program
Students for whom an expulsion action has not been initiated and who pose no imminent danger or threat to the school may be assigned to a separate, supervised suspension classroom for the entire period of suspension. The following conditions shall apply: (Education Code
1. The supervised suspension classroom shall be staffed in accordance with law.
2. The student shall have access to appropriate counseling services.
3. The supervised suspension classroom shall promote completion of schoolwork and tests missed by the student during the suspension.
4. Each student shall be responsible for contacting his/her teacher(s) to receive assignments to be completed in the supervised suspension classroom. The teacher shall provide all assignments and tests that the student will miss while suspended.
If no such work is assigned, the person supervising the suspension classroom shall assign schoolwork.